VHF Walkie Shield/Board
This project would be self contained walkie module with touch screen with provision for external power supply.The board will be based on Dorji VHF module (Reference: 1) and will be based on Atmel Uno based architecture.
TRRS 3.5 MM
- The VHF module(DRA818V) will need external audio amplifier(LM series audio amplifier can be considered)
- The board will have provision for handsfree Mic/Speaker Set(3.5mm, Reference: 4
- Otherwise, 3.5 mm standard jack can be used for speaker+mic and TRRS 3.5 mm socket can be used on the board.
- The 2.4 Inch Touch screen(SPI based) would be used to change the configuration
- The output of the VHF module will be routed SMA female connector mounted on board
- There might be a rotary switch fine tune the frequency of operation
- There would be USB socket for external programming
- Power socket would be provided for board for external DC power(VHF module will draw power)
- VHF module is controlled by UART input (and 3.3 Voltage compliant, so the board will need to be 3.3 voltage tolerant)
- One DIY project could refereed as http://www.kh-gps.de/dra.htm
- One commercial VHF shield project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/749835103/hamshield-for-arduino-vhf-uhf-transceiver
- Our project would be similar to above project but it would be complete board unlike a shield
- The board can be used as arduino uno type of board (all the uno like pins would be exposed).
- No pins of VHF module would be connected to Atmel controller pin via PCB track, it would be connected by jumpers.
- Demo VHF DIY board is available for rapid protyping